Stückemarkt: Application 2015
Datum: 15/12/14 00:00 - Deadline
New plays wanted!
Theatertreffen’s Stückemarkt continues its search for innovative theatre languages and diverse forms of authorship. The selection will be made from a competition covering the whole of Europe. Dramatists and theatre makers at the beginning of their careers are called on to apply. Theatre texts and completed theatre projects that feature language as a main aspect can be submitted. Dramatist and theatre makers as well as theatres, publishing houses and academies can submit plays. The Stückemarkt’s jury will select five projects to be presented in public readings or guest performances during the Theatertreffen. Equal emphasis will be given to the various positions, all of which are intended to present a tableau of the many diverse forms of authorship.
The Theatertreffen’s Stückemarkt is the longest-running initiative supporting contemporary drama in the German-language area. For more than 35 years, it has been driving innovation by discovering new voices for the theatre. In 2012, the Stückemarkt was the first promotion programme for dramatists which expanded the concept of theatre texts.
Conditions for participation at Stückemarkt 2015
- Each author – dramatists and theatre makers – can only submit one piece of work. They should be at the beginning of their artistic career.
- The work should be no more than one year old at the time of the application.
- The following are eligible for submission:
1. Theatre texts. These should not have been presented in German-speaking countries or even assigned for presentation before June 2015. Authors are obliged to inform Stückemarkt of any changes in their work’s status during the selection period. Theatre texts may be submitted in German or English.
2. Theatre projects. These should be completed and submitted in the form of a representative recording of a performance (video recording in the original language, with German or English subtitles, if available) and a text excerpt (about 4 to 8 pages in German or English).
Further necessary documents for 1 and 2 (in German or English):
- a short summary of the play or description of the project
- a short artistic tabular CV
- a significant reference from a professional in the fields of the theatre, literature or academia, preferably with a direct reference to the work submitted (around 1 page long).
Please send your complete application – text files in pdf-format and links to performance recordings – per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the same time, please fill out the registration form .
Deadline for applications: 15 December 2014
Jury decisions: At the end of February 2015
Bron: Berliner Festspiele